Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Resource results in Battle Reports  (Read 1960 times)
Ranilin

« on: January 02, 2012, 10:42:09 am »

For clarification of my terminology to ensure understanding, here's two quick definitions to make sure we're on the same page.
Farm: usually an inactive (but not always) players' cities
Farming: periodically attacking the same farm for the generated resources

When troops are returning from farming, the unit movement movement screen shows a yellow star that allows you to highlight it to see how much is currently being carried by the troops, and the max amount that can be carried ("Loot/Capacity"). Ie:

Would it be possible to add this information to the permanent Battle Report for each fight? Once the reinforcement reaches home,  I have to use a calculator to add up the total loot carried and check it versus total carrying capacity to see if the target had enough resources to warrant more troops having been sent. Adding this would simplify the process of farming inactives.

This image is a perfect exact example of the reason I am bringing this subject up. I sent 1,000 Riflemen, because I knew the target would be rich, but didn't know how much. After sending off the attack, I moved on to doing something else and missed the entire return trip, so I had to manually add up the resources to see if they equalled 50,000 or not to determine if I needed to send more troops to empty the warehouse. In this case the 1,000 Riflemen were not enough to carry it all.

The above pic is a "clean" example, an easy mathematic problem. But all cases will not be so. Imagine if they had an army too, and I sent some of my Miners or Special Forces as well, or even more unit types. Then I'd have to multiply each unit type's capacity by the number of surviving units, add all of them together, add the value of each type of resource carried together, and subtract from the total capacity to see if I got everything or should send more. This will become a needless hassle when the coding to show "Loot/Capacity" on reinforcements already implements the majority of the work and just needs to be recorded in the Battle Reports as well.

Please let me know if this is accepted as an improval suggestion. It doesn't have to be done right now, no rush, just stick it into the "to-do" list. Smiley
Midas
Support
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:40:41 am »

Thank you for the suggestion Ranilin.

Yes, this information can and will be added to each Report for all the new Reports.
We will inform you with the progress soon, as currently we are busy with some changes
with the General, Ally system and resources needed from each building.

Your Warmides Team.

Always write your General's name when you ask for a question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: